Postdoctoral fellow in Molecular Biology, Pamplona Spain
Job title: Scientist
Location: Pamplona, Spain
Job description: Postdoctoral fellow with broad experience in Molecular Biology. Experience in the fields of Gene Therapy, development of viral vectors, and/or research on liver diseases will be highly considered. Leadership, initiative and the capacity to work as part of a team are necessary qualities of the candidate. Experience in environments requiring a high level of organization and meticulous record keeping will be highly desirable, as well as experience in the biotech industry. Previous postdoctoral research experience required (2-5 years, preferably international); a strong publication record will also be of value. The project is based on the development of adeno-associated viral vectors for gene therapy of genetic liver diseases.
- Work on a project based on the development of adeno-associated viral vectors for gene therapy of genetic liver diseases and improvement of vector stability.
- Proactively design and organize all preclinical experiments to be performed in the project, including proof-of-concept, mechanism of action and lead optimization.
- Supervise all personnel involved in the project, and of all experiments and data analysis.
- Writing of experimental protocols and final reports upon specific procedures.
- Will also be involved in technical aspects of the project: vector production, purification and characterization. In addition will operationally contribute to cellular, biological and biochemical assay development.
- Take part in animal handling, treatment, and sample collection, processing, analysis and quantification.
- Work closely with scientists at Vivet Therapeutics and the Center for Applied Medical Research (CIMA), at the University of Navarre, in the design of all experimental settings before protocol approval.
- Perform such other research activities as are requested by the Project Manager.
- Provide regular reporting and accounting on activities to the Project Manager.
The candidate should be able to work well together with academic- and industry-based collaborators, as the project incorporates team members working within academic laboratories and industry partners. In-depth knowledge of the biotech industry will be a plus. The position will report to the Project Manager.
Travel may be required (<10%).
High level of spoken and written English required; Spanish a plus.
Interested applicants are requested to send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org