Post Specification (Comp: 034595)
Post Title: Don Panoz Chair of Pharmaceutical Biology (2020)
Post Status: Permanent, full time contract.
Department/Faculty: School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin
Location: Panoz Institute, Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin, College Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
Reports to: Head of School, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Salary: Appointment will be made on the Professor (101) salary scale [€117,915 to €151,477 per annum] at a point in line with Government Pay Policy https://www.tcd.ie/hr/assets/pdf/monthly-academic.pdf
Hours of Work: Hours of work for academic staff are those as prescribed under Public Service Agreements. For further information please follow the link below: http://www.tcd.ie/hr/assets/pdf/academic-hours-public-service-agreement.pdf
Closing Date: 12 Noon (GMT) Wednesday 7th October 2020
Applicants must provide the following information when applying for this position:
- Cover letter (1 x A4 pages maximum).
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae including full data on publications.
- Names and contact details (i.e., addresses and e-mail) of three referees who will be in a position to provide references.
- Research statement (2 x A4 pages maximum).
- Teaching statement (2 x A4 pages maximum).
- Statement of the candidate’s vision for their contribution in a leadership role (1 x A4 pages maximum)
Applicants who do not address the application requirements above in their cover letter will not be considered at the short list stage.
Applicants should include:
- Their qualifications and experience and related suitability for a full Chair level appointment in Pharmaceutical Biology with a focus on ATMP development addressing research standing, teaching and learning and service to discipline
- Their research potential and vision for leadership in cell and/or gene therapy research at Trinity College Dublin
- Applicants should note that the interview process for this appointment will include the delivery of a presentation.